• CPS Enrollment FAQs

    We are proud of our schools and strive to provide an outstanding educational program for all students. We look forward to working with parents and guardians to ensure a successful school experience for each student.

    Who is eligible to enroll in CPS?

    Students who reside in the district. You can confirm your eligibility using the , which will also help you determine the school your student should attend in the school year selected. 

    Note: Kindergarten students must be five years of age before August 1, 2024, to be eligible for enrollment in the upcoming 2024-25 school year.

    PreҴý: to schedule an assessment, call 573-214-3585.  No preschool students are enrolled without prior approval.


    Where should parents enroll their children?

    Families should enroll their students at the school that serves their neighborhood. Use the  to determine the school your student should attend.   

    Kindergarten enrollment generally begins in March for the following school year, and students MUST be 5 before August 1 of the upcoming school year to be eligible for Kindergarten. Please check the Kindergarten Registration page for more information.  

    Click below to begin enrollment of NEW students or to re-enroll a student who has left the district.  Current families will submit Annual Registration through the CPS Families Portal: please do not use this link if your child is already enrolled with CPS.

    Are Language Interpreters Available?

    Yes! CPS has free language interpretation available for parents/guardians and students who require it. If you require an interpreter, please inform your student’s teacher or school, and we will arrange for an interpreter to assist you. If we do not have a CPS interpreter for your language, we will work to find someone who can help. . 


    What do I need to complete my student's registration?

    Please provide the student's birth certificate, immunization records, proof of legal residence, and the student's social security card (requested, not required). Other supporting documents (link) may be needed. Additional information is below.


    Supporting documents:

    Record of student's birth
    • Birth Certificate
    • Passport
    • Visa
    • Hospital Record

    Record of Immunizations

    • Bring an immunization record from an authorized healthcare provider or public agency (month/day/year is required for all immunization dates)
    • Immunizations for polio, DTP, measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), hepatitis B and meningitis are required.
    • Varicella vaccine(s) or proof of disease (chickenpox) is required for all students. Students in grades kindergarten through 10 only, must provide a signed note from the healthcare provider with the month and year of the disease as proof of disease.  For students in grades 11 and 12, proof of disease shall be a signed note from the parent/guardian or healthcare provider with the month and year of the disease.  
    Documentation of Legal Residence for Parent/Guardian
    • Bring a copy of one of the following items:
    • Contract of home purchase
    • Real estate lease
    • Current water, electric, or gas bill showing address
    • Notarized letter from the residence owner with whom the family is living along with the owner's legal proof of residence as listed above.
    Foster Care or Court Ordered Guardianship
    • If the student is under the care of foster parents or court-ordered legal guardianship, please bring the appropriate documents.
    Social Security Card
    • Requested but not required.